Grassroots International hosts Inaugurating Real Change: an evening of envisioning global justice on November 15, 2008, as Grassroots International celebrates its 25th Anniversary. The event features Grassroots International partners from the Via Campesina, a keynote address by Frances Moore Lappé, music by Sol y Canto, and much more.
Inaugurating Real Change
November 15, 2008
(Washburn Hall, Episcopal Divinity School, on the corner of Brattle and Mason Streets near Harvard Square)
Tickets are available online (www.GrassrootsOnline.org/25) for $75 ($25 student, low-income)
Join activists and thinkers, including:
- Featured speaker Frances Moore Lappé is the co-founder of the Cambridge-based Small Planet Institute and author of best-selling books including Diet for a Small Planet and Democracy’s Edge.
- Grassroots’ partner Dena Hoff is the co-chair of the North American region of Via Campesina (US/Canada/Mexico) and serves on the International Coordinating Committee for Via Campesina. A Montana farmer, Dena represents the Northern Plains Resource Council on the board of the National Family Farm Coalition and Chairs NFFC’s Trade Task Force.
- Grassroots’ partner Alberto Gómez Flores is co-chair of the North American region of the Via Campesina (US/Canada/Mexico) and a member of the International Coordinating Committee of the Via Campesina. Alberto is the former Executive Coordinator of the National Union of Autonomous Regional Campesino Organizations, UNORCA, in Mexico.
- Music by Sol y Canto, the nationally-touring and Boston Music Award winning Pan-Latin ensemble led by Puerto Rican/Argentine singer and bongo player Rosi Amador and New Mexican guitarist and composer Brian Amador.
- Silent auction and raffle
3:30 p.m. Registration and auction open
4 p.m. – 5 p.m. Pre-event conversation with Partners
5 p.m. – 6 p.m. Registration/Cocktail reception
6 p.m. Welcome, 25th Anniversary Slide Show, Introduction of Founder’s Circle, Partners’ Address, Music: Sol y Canto
8:00 p.m. Keynote Address by Frances Moore Lappé
Hors d’oeuvres served.
Join the celebration and rich discussion–buy your tickets today!