Resilience. Resistance. Power.
These interconnected strands of movement building form the core of Grassroots International’s approach to social change and drive the work of peasant farmers, Indigenous Peoples, women and youth-led movements we support around the world.
Since 1983, donors and funders like you have supported more than $44.3M in cash grants and material aid to partners around the globe, and last year was the largest grantmaking year in our history.
This year’s Annual Report celebrates the resistance, resilience and power of grassroots movements and community-led solutions. It also celebrates the communities of donors, funders and activists who stand in solidarity with those on the frontlines of social change. Together, we accomplished a lot, including:
- Awarding more grants than ever before in our 35-year history: 151 grants worth more than $2.7 Million
- Surpassing our Climate Justice Initiative campaign goal, to fund more than $570,000 in climate solutions worldwide.
- Significant growth in our support for grassroots feminist work, Puerto Rico, learning exchanges and global peasant solidarity.
- Expanding our own internal capacity by welcoming in two new staff and five new board members
- Strengthening global solidarity and alliances for climate justice, food sovereignty and human rights
- Building stronger collaborations with other progressive funders and donors to better support and promote social movements, grassroots solutions and systems change
In addition to our annual report, please refer to our Financial Report and our Form 990 for additional information.